There are various types of employment contract to be concluded with JU. The most popular are:
- an employment contract (umowa o pracę)
- a civil-law job contract (umowa cywilno-prawna), which can have the form of:
- a contract of mandate (umowa zlecenie)
- a specific-task contract (umowa o dzieło)
- an agreement on the admission of the foreigner to carry out research or development activities (based on the guidelines of the amended Act on Foreigners)
- any other kind of contract, e.g. a scholarship contract.
If you are a non-EU citizen, your contract should include:
a written declaration of the scientific unit, stating that it undertakes to bear the costs related to the issuance and execution of the decision obliging the foreigner to return according to the Act on Foreigners (Article 151 (1) (1) (c): a written declaration of the research unit, in which it undertakes to reimburse the costs of issuing and implementing the decision on obliging the foreigner to return, covered by the state budget before the expiry of six months from the date of expiry of the agreement on admitting the foreigner if the basis for issuing the decision obliging the foreigner to return is his illegal stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland.