About Jagiellonian University
About Jagiellonian University
- The JU is the leading scientific research centre in Poland.
- The JU is ranked as the best university in Poland.
- It has dynamically developing teaching and research centres.
- Six out of the sixteen faculties were rated with an exclusive A+ category.
- Four faculties were granted the status of Leading National Research Centre (KNOW).
- The JU comprises the scientific showpieces of 16 faculties and 6 inter- and extra-faculty units that encompass the entire spectrum of sciences.
- The first Polish synchrotron radiation facility (SOLARIS National Synchrotron Radiation Centre), the research infrastructure offering a large scale, multiuser and multidisciplinary facility, belongs to the JU.
- The JU promotes interdisciplinarity and internationalization, exchange academics and students, knowledge, experience and friendship sharing as well as entertainment and sport activities.
- The Jagiellonian University is involved in various international co-operation activities, including research and educational projects, faculty and student exchange within bilateral agreements, Erasmus+ and SYLFF, summer schools, networks, innovation and technology transfer as well as different scholarship schemes.
- Another advantage of the Jagiellonian University is its location in the historic city of Kraków, the former capital of Poland and a great cultural center.
See the website: http://www.uj.edu.pl/warto-zobaczyc/obiekty
- The Jagiellonian Unviersity comprises 4 campuses and 16 faculties:
Faculty of Law and Administration
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Pharmacy
Faculty of Health Sciences
Faculty of Philosophy
Faculty of History
Faculty of Philology
Faculty of Polish Studies
Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Computer Science
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
Faculty of Chemistry
Faculty of Biology and Earth Sciences
Faculty of Management and Social Communication
Faculty of International and Political Studies
Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology
Faculty of Geography and Geology
The JU boasts 4 campuses, over 100 buildings throughout the city.
• The First Campus – the university district in the old town
The oldest university buildings are located in the Old Town, in the university area, along Swietej Anny street and Jagiellońska, Grodzka, Studencka, Golebia, Krupnicza streets; the most significant include Collegium Novum, the residence of the rector and deans and Collegium Maius, the oldest University building, currently housing a museum.
• The Second Campus – in the so called Student City (student dormitories area)
near the Jagiellonian Library. Audytorium Maximum, a part of the Second Campus is a modern building with a lecture hall for over 1000 people. The Second Campus includes the following streets: Ingardena, Krupnicza, Mickiewicza, Oleandry, Reymonta, and Wenecja.
• The Third Campus – the Campus of the 600th Anniversary of the Jagiellonian University Revival http://uj.wkraj.pl/?EN#/48942/0
Built in the Dębniki district, near the Ruczaj area, it is the biggest investment of the Jagiellonian University. It includes the following streets: Gronostajowa and Łojasiewicza.
• The Fourth Campus (medical campus)
University-wide units (with links)
- JU Archives
- Jagiellonian Library
- MC Medical Library
- Centre for Distance Learning
- Jagiellonian Centre for Experimental Therapeutics
- Małopolska Centre of Biotechnology
- JU Museum
- Teacher Training Centre
- Centre for Academic Outreach
- Centre for Higher Education Quality Enhancement – Ars Docendi UJ
- Jagiellonian Language Centre
- Postdiploma Medical Training Centre
- JU Sports Centre
- MC Spotrs Centre
- Synchrontron Radiation Centre “Solaris”
- Center for Quantitative Research in Political Science
- Jagiellonian Centre for Migration Studies
- JU Medical College Language Centre
- Natural Science Library
- The Jagiellonian University of Polish Research Centre in London
- Jagiellonian Centre for African Studies
- Centre for Integrated Systems Development
- The Jagiellonian Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies on Culture
- Centre for Technology Transfer CITTRU
- Copernicus Center for Interdisciplinary Studies
- Interfaculty Individual Studies in the Humanities
- Studies in Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Experimental Farming Centre “Łazy”
- Natural Sciences Education Centre
- Jagiellonian University Museum – Collegium Maius
- Anatomy Museum
- Anatomopathological Museum
- Botanical Garden Museum
- Faculty of Medicine Museum
- Geological Museum
- Museum of Pharmacy
- Zoological Museum
Welcome to Jagielonia University - your stay at JUThe Jagiellonian University in Kraków, founded in 1364, is Poland`s oldest and one of its best universities. In addition to excellence in education and science, it actively promotes innovation and technology transfer. It has been listed at the first position in the Nature Index 2016 Rising Stars among 25 leading universities in Central-Eastern Europe and among Europe`s Most Innovative Universities – REUTERS TOP 100 - as the only university from Poland and from Eastern Europe. At the junction of fundamental and applied science stands its unique National Center for Electromagnetic Radiation SOLARIS, equipped with the world`s most advanced synchrotron facility.
ACADEMIC CALENDAR 2017/2018
23 December to 2 January
12 February to 17 February
14 April 2017 to 18 April 2017
SUMMER HOLIDAY BREAK
30 June to 30 September