European principles for open and transparent merit-based recruitment processes of researchers
The Jagiellonian University pursues a policy of Open, Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) of academic teachers. The OTM-R policy is a tool for implementing the Jagiellonian University development strategy in the area of human resources as well as obligations resulting from the HR Excellence in Research award granted to the University.
The objective of the OTM-R policy is to define the rules and standards for admitting academic teachers to work at the Jagiellonian University, in particular:
- defining transparent, internationally comparable recruitment rules and procedures adapted to the type of position offered,
- ensuring transparency of the recruitment process and equal treatment,
- supporting the professional development of researchers at every stage of their career.
The OTM-R recruitment policy applies to all positions and all potential candidates, regardless of how advanced their academic career is. When assessing candidates, the Jagiellonian University follows the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers and the European Framework for Research Careers.
The basic principles of the OTM-R policy at the Jagiellonian University are as follows:
- the principle of openness,
- the principle of transparency,
- the principle of competency-based assessment,
- the principle of equal treatment,
- the principle of data confidentiality,
- the principle of effective and reliable communication with the candidate.
The document The Policy of Open, Transparent and Merit-Based Recruitment Process at the Jagiellonian University
was developed as a result of cooperation and joint consultations of members of the HRS4R Team, the University's academic community and trade unions. Thanks to the involvement of many people, one of the main pillars of the European Charter for Researchers was introduced based on the Ordinance No. 61 of the Rector of the Jagiellonian University of April 28, 2022. The OTMR policy guarantees equal opportunities for all candidates and supports the development of their professional careers. It is also a tool which allows the Jagiellonian University to conduct a pro-development HR policy aimed at attracting outstanding researchers both from Poland and abroad.